Therapeutic/Restorative Yoga is a slow-paced, healing practice using gentle poses and movement along with breath work, guided imagery and props in a supportive atmosphere for total relaxation. This class is tailored to the unique physical and emotional needs associated with cancer and its treatments. A regular Yoga practice can result in the following benefits:
- Soothe the nervous system to lower anxiety and stress.
- Provide breathing techniques to manage pain and nausea.
- Stimulate the immune system and increase bone density.
- Manage depression and fatigue.
- Improve the quality of sleep.
- An increase in an overall sense of well-being.
WHO MAY ATTEND: Cancer patients, survivors, and
caregivers of all ages and condition levels.
Accommodations can be made for most physical limitations.
WHERE: Fresno Cancer Center
7887 N. Cedar Ave., Fresno, CA 93720
WHEN: Wednesdays, 5:30pm-6:45pm
COST: Classes are donation-based.
A minimum $5 donation is suggested.
Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes and bring a yoga mat.