Bringing both creativity and mindfulness into therapy has proven to be beneficial for many people, including having specific benefits for cancer patients. In addition to having a positive effect on depression, anxiety, and tension, mindfulness and art in therapy can provide the following benefits:
- Soothe the nervous system to lower anxiety and stress.
- Integration of emotions, sensations, and cognition
- Enhancement of self-acceptance, flexibility, and emotional intelligence.
- Processing material or emotions that are difficult to verbalize
- Management of stress
- Stimulation of the brain and body
In addition to the incorporation of arts and mindfulness, this will also be a support and therapeutic group in which members can share their stories and create meaningful relationships with peers.
WHO MAY ATTEND: Cancer patients, survivors, and
caregivers of all ages and condition levels.
Accommodations can be made for most physical limitations.
WHERE: Fresno Cancer Center
7887 N. Cedar Ave., Fresno, CA 93720
WHEN: Thursdays, 5:30pm-6:45 pm
COST: Classes are donation-based.
A minimum $5 donation is suggested.